Sunday, June 21, 2009

best day of your life

For the hubby's birthday back in '07, I hosted a dinner party for him and a slew of our friends and relatives. On top of this, I scored some Canucks tickets from work, purchased the Rock Band as a present and not to mention that for Christmas (his birthday falls four days after said event), he received a PS3 from me.

We've always had the conversation that this was the best day of his life. He received everything he has ever wanted and nothing can top it... ever.

Fast forward to today, Father's Day.

We were in the car on the way home and I asked the hubby if today would top his most favourite day of all. After thirty seconds of non-reply, he looked at me through the rear view mirror and said...

"No... nothing will beat January 30"

I looked out the window and smiled when the knowledge hit me that his son's birth has taken precedence as the 'Best Day of His Life'.

No comments: