Thursday, July 3, 2008

the sweetest thing


after dinner last night, a much-needed quiet and relaxation time was what my body was needing. i plopped myself down on the sofa and turned on the tv to find something to feast my eyes on.


halfway through watching a sitcom rerun, the hubby comes out of our second bedroom, ipod in hand and loud music blearing through his earphones. i had to smirk when i realized that he was wearing nothing but his briefs, shaking his thang (and in the process, his tummy), to some tune he has going on his player.

he looks and smiles at me, comments how he loves his new earphones and proceeds to make me laugh with his maniacal dancing and his out-of-tune singing.

after a few minutes of doing this, and the fact that he was running out of breath, he sits on the floor by my tummy and says to me "here, let me sing to the baby". he lifts my shirt as i roll my eyes thinking he's probably going to be singing some little john rap. the next thing i know, he was belting his best rendition of "God Must Have Spent A Little More Time on You" as he followed the music and lyrics going through his ipod.

cheesy. i know.

but darn it, it was the sweetest thing he's ever done since we found out about the baby.

No comments: