Saturday, July 25, 2009

Raindrops keep falling on my head... I can feel it now!!!




Can I vent about one of the major things that irks me right now about being a mommy?

It's not that I get peed, pooped and spit on. It's not that I don't get enough sleep or have to change diapers in the middle of my lunch. It's also not that I have to keep my legs crossed when I'm rocking a soothless baby to sleep while I am in bad need to rush to the bathroom. It's not about the hours it takes to get ready to go out, the constant washing of bottles, the never-ending pile of laundry, the messy house that I can never seem to organize or the kicks that seems to land on my boobies all the time from the little boy (they do hurt, trust me!)...

Ok, that list just kept going, but really... it isn't about any of that.

My pet peeve on being super-mom here is that I NEVER HAVE TIME FOR A SHOWER.









***I will pause for a minute while you laugh your head off***







Ok, now that you get that over with. I am serious when it comes down to this. I'm afraid to hit the shower when the baby is asleep because I never know how long it will take him to wake up! Sometimes, 15 minutes, sometimes an hour, sometimes two hours... sometimes even less! Then you'll ask, why not take it in the morning? Well --- I have to cook breakfast and lunch that the hubby takes so I have no time. After dinner? Still no time --- I have to go wash dishes, prep the bottles for the next day and there's a whole wackload of things that never seems to end. By the time all that is done, I'm too exhausted to even think of a shower.

So today, after 2 days of having had no chance to step into a nice and warm bath (shut up, you know you've done this too!), while the hubby and baby are asleep and the clock just struck 1:02am, I am stepping away from this blog and stepping into a nice and steamy shower where I can get myself nice and clean and smelling wonderful... (maybe this way I can even entice the hubby into waking up and spending some time with me for some good-old fudging... gotto find those nice lacy underwear instead of the grandma panties I keep wearing these days!).

Shower, here I come...

No comments: