Saturday, October 17, 2009

pour down on us




The fall season is my favourite time of year. There's something in the air that brings on certain calm to to my soul and the muted coloures surrounding me soothes my spirits like no other. On top of those, fall brings down the rain. I live in the perfect city --- Vancouver --- because it pours down here like no other.

And on a day like today, when it's expected to pour all day, I will sit on my bed for a little bit while the baby sleeps beside me and the little dog dozes on my feet. I will pull out my knitting, crack open my window a bit and listen to the pitter-patter as a steaming mug of hot cocoa awaits me. Then a little later this afternoon, I just might bake the perfect pumpkin pie.

Does anyone else love this weather as much as I do?


No comments: