Saturday, February 13, 2010

home is wherever my boys are

Back in 2004 before I turned 21, I asked my parents if I could move out of our house. I had a full time job and I was in love with the idea of having my 'own' space. My very supportive parents, though hesitant, said that I could definitely move and I found the perfect place not too far from home (ok, so it's a 10 minute bus ride and a 5 minute drive but who cares, right? it was mine alone!).

As I was browsing through some old photos of mine, I actually found these hidden in a folder somewhere in my laptop (hence the blog about it)!

My tiny living room complete with a tiny TV and centre table

My favourite greenery --- bamboo! Along with bridal magazines (because I was newly engaged then) and some coins???

Can you tell that I love Winnie the Pooh?

My very bare and very white kitchen.

I lasted three months living by myself --- I was lonely with no company though the hubby (then bf) would often visit me. I moved myself back home after that and promised myself that I would not move out until I got married (which I did the year after!).

Anyways, I was happily browsing the web today when I came across someone's blog about her studio/flat. I was so jealous and wished that I had half her style when I was living on my own because I probably wouldn't have bothered moving back home if I had even a smidgen of this type of flat (and to think I actually had a bedroom!).

I love the personality in this room!



Overlooking her whole space.

I really do love what she has done with such a small space!

Anyway...................

Sometime last year, the hubby and I purged most of our things so we don't have too many items anymore (unless you're talking baby things --- our 2nd bedroom is a miniature version of Babies R Us). I'm thinking that come spring or summer, I just might do a little thrifting myself and we might just find the quirky pieces I need to make our tiny abode into a more welcoming home.

But really, it doesn't matter to me how small or big my house is, how much beautiful furniture I have or how much time I've spent making it pretty --- because it's my boys that make anywhere I live become a home.

No comments: