Wednesday, July 20, 2011

the dusty bookshelf: Baby, I Love You


written by:  Karma Wilson
illustrated by:  Sam Williams

i find that having a toddler at home
who is in the process of learning to appreciate books
is a fantastic time for me
to also fall-in-love with children's books.

Baby, I Love You is now part of our "must reads" for bedtime
and my Dylan gets to say the "I Love You" parts
complete with a tap on my nose 
in a squeaky little voice.

i just adore books ---
and i adore that my son is loving them too!



5 comments:

Sherms said...

I think a love of books develops from a young age. Reading with your parents and then moving on to reading alone. Sounds like Dylan is loving books xx

Leigh said...

I love reading to my girls, it's such a joy!

jozen said...

so sweet! zoe and pia love reading books and will often choose a new book over a new toy! LOL

Liz Taylor said...

I have been reading through your blog and I really like it. Beautiful family <3

Hannah said...

this is so, so sweet :) and i heard being read to as a baby makes you smarter - you will have one smart cookie on your hands as he grows up :)