Sunday, July 17, 2011

the dusty bookshelf: Goodnight Moon


written by:  Margaret Wise Brown
illustrated by:  Clement Hurd

Goodnight Moon is our favorite bedtime book.
i remember years ago
when this was first introduced to my baby brother.
he loved this book so much
and has memorized it cover to cover.

it was only appropriate then
that the book became my baby brother's present
to my eldest little boy
for his dedication (baptism).

we have a hard copy of the book
and it is so worn out that you would think 
that it has been passed down a few generations.
but that is how you know a book is good.
because it gets so much use --- too much reads.
and Lord knows how much my son loves it.
that much like his godfather, my brother,
he now has it memorized cover to cover.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We check it out from the library last week! I remember when Sophia had me read a book she loved over and over and over...Happy Sunday my dear!

Sherms said...

Aw, how sweet. I've never read that book before. But I do know what its like as a child to have that book you read over and over xx